Test administrators, supervisors and remote proctors are authorized to dismiss you from a test session and your scores may be canceled by ETS for actions such as, but not limited to the following:
- attempting to take the test for someone else or having someone else take the test for you
- failing to provide acceptable identification
- obtaining improper access to the test, a part of the test or information about the test
- bringing or using any phones, or having other electronic recording, listening, scanning photographic device, or wearable technology in your possession. Such devices are prohibited at the test center. If you bring these devices into the test center, you will be dismissed from the test, forfeit your test fees and ETS will cancel your scores even if dismissal is not enforced on the day of the test. Test centers and ETS assume no responsibility for personal items that you choose to bring into the test center.
- using any aids in connection with the test, including, without limitation:
- mechanical pencils, pens, scan pens or devices, pagers, beepers
- calculators, watch calculators
- books, pamphlets, notes, rulers, highlighter pens
- stereos or radios with headphones, any phones
- watch alarms (including those with flashing lights or alarm sounds), stop watches, dictionaries
- translators, compasses, protractors, rulers, and any handheld electronic, recording
- listening, scanning, or photographic devices.
- creating a disturbance — Disruptive behavior in any form will not be tolerated. The test administrator/supervisor has sole discretion in determining what constitutes disruptive behavior.
- attempting to give or receive assistance — Communication in any form is not permitted during the test administration. Discussion or sharing of test content or answers during the test or during breaks is prohibited. Discussion or sharing of test content or answers after the test is also prohibited.
- removing or attempting to remove test content from the test center. Under no circumstances, may test content or any part of the test content be removed, reproduced, and/or disclosed by any means (e.g., hard copy, verbally, electronically) to any person or entity.
- bringing a weapon or firearm into the test center
- tampering with a computer
- bringing food, beverages, tobacco or electronic cigarettes into the testing room
- leaving the test center vicinity during the test session or during a break
- leaving the testing room without permission or before the test session is dismissed (except the unscheduled break during the testing session)
- taking excessive or extended unscheduled breaks during the test session — Test center supervisors are required to strictly monitor unscheduled breaks and report test takers who take excessive or extended breaks.
- referring to, looking through or working on any test or test section, when not authorized to do so, or working after time has been called
- failing to follow any of the test administration regulations contained in The School Leadership Series Information Bulletin, given by the test administrator/supervisor or specified in any test materials
If you fail to comply with the test administration regulations or the test administrator or supervisor's directions, ETS reserves the right to bar you from future testing and cancel your scores. If ETS cancels your scores, they will not be reported and your registration and test fees will not be refunded.
If you observe any behavior that may lead to an invalid score, email our Office of Testing Integrity as soon as possible. You may also call us at 1-800-353-8570 (United States, U.S. territories and Canada). All information is held in strictest confidence.