Please report to the test center 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in. If you arrive late, you may not be admitted to the test, and your test fees will be forfeited.
On occasion, weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the test administrator's or ETS's control may require a delayed start or the rescheduling of your test appointment.
You may be asked to empty your pockets, raise your pant legs above your ankles, pull up your sleeves above your wrists for visual inspection, and you may be scanned with a hand-held metal detector wand. Such inspections are routine before each entry into the testing room. You may request that the inspections be performed by a staff member of the same gender and/or in an area sheltered from the view of other people. Test center staff will make every effort to accommodate such requests, but ETS cannot guarantee that all test centers will have the necessary staff and space available.
Procedures for Test Day
Please arrive at your test center location at least 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment. When you arrive, an administrator or supervisor will check you in and assign your seat.
Plan to be at the test center up to an hour longer than the actual duration of your test. This includes time for check-in and the completion of tutorials.
The following rules are in place to protect the security of the testing process. They apply to the entire test session, which begins at sign-in, ends at sign-out and includes breaks:
- Read and sign the Confidentiality and Regulations Agreement provided to you at the test center. If you do not sign the statement, you cannot test and your fees will NOT be refunded.
- Sign the test center log before and after the test session and any time you leave or enter the testing room.
- Possession of or use of any phones, tablets, wearable technology, and other electronic, recording, listening, scanning or photographic devices is strictly prohibited in the test center at all times and will result in your dismissal from the test, forfeiture of your test fees, and cancellation of scores by ETS even if dismissal is not enforced on the day of the test. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing the device for any reason, including checking the time, making calls or checking for messages at any time during the test administration, including scheduled, optional or unscheduled breaks.
- The test administrator will provide you with scratch paper for use during the test to assist you in working out problems and for appropriate note-taking during timed sections of the test. You may not take your own scratch paper to the test. Scratch paper is not to be used before the test or during breaks. During the test, if you have used all of your scratch paper, you must return it to the test center staff in order to receive more. You cannot remove a page or portion of the scratch paper at any time. All paper, in its entirety, must be returned to the test center administrator at the end of the testing session. You may not write on anything other than the scratch paper provided (e.g., computer or workstation or ID document). Scratch paper should NOT be used during the untimed sections or during breaks. If you are observed using any documents or unauthorized papers other than the designated scratch paper distributed by the test site, they will be confiscated by the test center staff.
- Raise your hand if you have a problem with your computer or need the administrator's help at any time during the test.
- Use the allotted practice time for the tutorial and other untimed sections prior to the test. This allows you to become familiar with the computer functions and will help make your computer-delivered testing experience go smoothly. You may not use scratch paper during this time.
ID verification at registration and/or check-in at the test center may include:
- Biometric voice and photo identification
- Video surveillance
- Signature comparison
If you refuse to participate, you may not be permitted to test and you will forfeit your test fees. This is in addition to the requirement that you must present acceptable and valid identification.
- If you have health-related needs requiring you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, you need to request accommodations in advance. Procedures for requesting accommodations are described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs.
Although tests are administered under strict supervision and security measures, testing irregularities may sometimes occur. Please contact us as soon as possible to report any observed behavior that may lead to an invalid score — for example, someone copying from another test taker, taking a test for someone else, having access to test questions before the exam or using notes or unauthorized aids. All information will be held in strictest confidence.
- 1-800-353-8570 (United States, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Canada)
1-609-406-5430 (all other locations)
SLS State Testing Requirements
Sign in to Your SLS Account
Register online, print admission tickets or view/order score reports.
Note: If you are currently signed in to your Praxis® account, please sign out before signing in to your SLS account.