Please report to the test center 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in. If you arrive late, you may not be admitted to the test, and your test fees will be forfeited.
On occasion, weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the test administrator's or ETS's control may require a delayed start or the rescheduling of your test appointment.
Procedures for Test Day
Please arrive at your test center location at least 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment. When you arrive, an administrator or supervisor will check you in and assign your seat.
Plan to be at the test center up to an hour longer than the actual duration of your test. This includes time for check-in and the completion of tutorials.
The following rules are in place to protect the security of the testing process. They apply to the entire test session, which begins at sign-in, ends at sign-out and includes breaks:
- Complete and sign the confidentiality statement provided to you at the test center. If you do not, you cannot test and your fees will NOT be refunded.
- Sign the test center log before and after the test session and any time you leave or enter the testing room.
- Use only the scratch paper given to you by the test administrator. You may not bring your own scratch paper to the test or remove scratch paper from the testing room. (If you are taking a paper-delivered test as an accommodation for a disability, you may use the test book for scratch work. Scratch paper is not provided except as an approved accommodation.)
- Raise your hand if you have a problem with your computer or need the administrator's help at any time during the test.
- Use the allotted practice time for the tutorial and other untimed sections prior to the test. This allows you to become familiar with the computer functions and will help make your computer-delivered testing experience go smoothly. You may not use scratch paper during this time.
ID verification at registration and/or check-in at the test center may include:
- Biometric voice and photo identification
- Signature comparison
If you refuse to participate, you may not be permitted to test and you will forfeit your test fees. This is in addition to the requirement that you must present acceptable and valid identification.
- If you have health-related needs requiring you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, you need to request accommodations in advance. Procedures for requesting accommodations are described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs.
Although tests are administered under strict supervision and security measures, testing irregularities may sometimes occur. Please contact us as soon as possible to report any observed behavior that may lead to an invalid score — for example, someone copying from another test taker, taking a test for someone else, having access to test questions before the exam or using notes or unauthorized aids. All information will be held in strictest confidence.
- 1-800-353-8570 (United States only)
SLS State Testing Requirements
Sign in to Your SLS Account
Register online, print admission tickets or view/order score reports.
Note: If you are currently signed in to your Praxis® account, please sign out before signing in to your SLS account.