Before you even arrive at the test center, there are a number of important things you should do:
- Verify your test location — Test locations sometimes change. Confirm your location before test day by logging into your SLS account.
- Print your admission ticket — Log in to your SLS account, print a copy of your admission ticket and bring it with you to the test center. Your admission ticket contains the test center address and reporting time on test day. While you aren't required to present it at the test center, test center personnel may ask you for it and may not accept an image of the ticket on your phone. Bring a hard copy to be safe.
- Assemble your identification (ID) documents — You won't be admitted to the test without acceptable ID.
- Review the list of important items to bring to your test center.
- Dress appropriately — Testing room conditions vary. Dress in layers to ensure you're ready for any room temperature.
Understand Security Policies
Test security is important to ETS, and there are policies and procedures that test centers must follow to ensure the test is administered fairly and securely. If you fail to follow the instructions of the test center staff, you won't be permitted to test and your test fee won't be refunded. Any violation of security procedures during the test or during a break may result in dismissal from the test center and/or cancellation of your test scores.
To familiarize yourself with these security policies prior to test day, review The SLS Tests Information Bulletin.
If you have health-related needs requiring you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, you need to request accommodations before the day of your test. For more information on how to request these accommodations, review the Praxis® and SLS Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs.