On September 30, 2019, ETS will discontinue sales of the SuccessNavigator® assessment. Existing SuccessNavigator assessment customers may continue to use the assessment through September 2020. Call 1-800-745-0269 or contact an ETS Advisor for additional information or if you have any questions.
The SuccessNavigator online assessment helps colleges reach at-risk students and improve first-year retention rates by giving them a holistic view of the critical factors that most greatly influence incoming student success:
- Academic Skills — behaviors, beliefs and skills that directly facilitate academic success
- Commitment — commitment to, drive toward and perceived importance of academic success
- Self-Management — ability to anticipate and respond to pressure and stress related to college life
- Social Support — availability of resources to support academic success
Test takers also provide demographic and life-event information that you may not already capture.
When used in combination with traditional placement tests, the SuccessNavigator assessment gives you a holistic view of each student that will help you target intervention and remediation efforts and accelerate placement into credit-bearing courses.
See How the Assessment Works for more details on the skills measured.
Customized comprehensive score reports with a detailed action plan
A comprehensive score report and tailored action plan is instantly generated, providing the advisor with easy-to-understand feedback for each student including:
- Academic Success Index — student's projected GPA range in their first year
- Retention Success Index — student's probability of returning in the following year
- Course Acceleration Recommendation — recommendations for Math and English acceleration for students at the upper end of cut score bands
- General Skill and Subskill Scores — individual scores for the four general skills and 10 subskills
- Recommended Next Steps — customized to each student's needs with specific action the student should take to ensure they persist to graduation
Student reports are also generated and include General Skill and Subskill Scores with tailored recommendations and next steps. Aggregate reports can be created by advisor, date or cohort to aid in institutional planning and resource allocation.
Learn more about Scores and Reports.