The TFI™ test is a paper-and-pencil, multiple-choice assessment. There are two timed sections of 90 questions each.
The test takes approximately 2.5 hours, with:
- 42 minutes for Part I: Listening Comprehension
- 68 minutes for Part 2: Reading Comprehension
- approximately 30 minutes to answer biographical questions
Part I: Listening Comprehension (Compréhension Orale)
Test takers listen to a variety of questions and answers, short dialogues and talks recorded in French, and they answer questions based on what they hear.
- Section I: Questions
- Section II: Dialogues
- Section III: Conversations
Part 2: Reading Comprehension (Compréhension Écrite)
Test takers read a variety of materials and respond to questions based on what they read.
- Section IV: Text Completion
- Section V: Incomplete Sentences
- Section VI: Single Passages