There are two types of TFI® test sessions: public and institutional. Both programs provide fair, valid and reliable test scores.
Public Test Sessions Outside of Canada
Public test sessions are held in various testing locations around the world and throughout the year. Individuals who are interested in taking the TFI test can register for public test sessions. Additionally, institutions can choose to send students or employees to open sessions rather than testing them on-site.
To register for TFI Public Testing outside of Canada, please visit the ETS Preferred Network directory (EPN).
Public Testing Sessions in Canada
To register for a TFI Public Test Session in Canada, please follow these instructions:
- Connect to ETS’ Registration Platform at https://toeicrts.ets.org/.
- Under "Select a Country", select "Canada."
- Under "Select a Test Type", select "TFI Public."
- Search a Test Session by Test Center or by Date.
- Follow the steps on the screen until your registration is completed.
Institutional Test Sessions
Institutional test sessions are offered by your employer or a language school. To register for institutional testing sessions, contact the supervisor or instructor at your organization or school.
In some locations, institutions can arrange to administer the TFI test on their premises. The session are supervised by the institution’s own staff and/or staff from the local EPN. Supervisory training for authorized personnel is provided and staff from the local EPN scores the test.
- Institutions outside of Canada, please contact your local EPN to arrange a testing session.
- Institutions in Canada or countries that do not have a local EPN, please contact the TFI program.