Details on our fees and payment policies:
|Registration||Fees vary by country.|
|Reinstatement of canceled scores||US$20|
|Additional score reports (per institution or agency)||US$20 each|
|Speaking or Writing Section score review||US$80|
|Speaking and Writing Section score review||US$160|
Fees are subject to change without notice. The above amounts are inclusive of any Value Added or similar taxes that ETS is liable to pay. In jurisdictions where the customer is required to account for any local taxes due, the price remitted to ETS excludes those taxes. In those circumstances, it is the sole responsibility of the customer to pay those taxes to the local tax authority. ETS is not responsible or liable for collecting and remitting those taxes on the customer's behalf.
If your payment is declined by your bank or your debit/credit card provider, you will be charged a fee of US$20.
Please make sure all payments for tests and services:
- are paid in full at the time the service is requested
- have the correct numeric and written dollar amount
- have appropriate signature(s)
Any outstanding balances from prior ETS tests or services must be paid in full before you register. Services or test scores may be withheld for non-payment.
If you do not submit the correct fee, your registration form or request for service will be returned.
Payment methods are subject to change without notice.
Forms of Payment
Accepted forms of payment and currencies are subject to change without notice.
Credit/debit card — American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, China Union Pay®, Diners Club®, Mastercard® or VISA®. Note: American Express, Discover, JCB, Mastercard and e-checks are not accepted for the following locations: Benin, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Togo. Only VISA cards are accepted for those locations.
Note: When you select credit/debit card as your payment method, you have the option to pay in select local currencies instead of U.S. dollars. You can change your selection at any time before your click "Submit" to process your payment. The system will display available local currencies and the credit card types supported for each.
- Electronic check (e-check) — drawn on a bank in the United States or its territories, in U.S. dollars only. E-checks can be used to register online or by phone.
- PayPal® account — payment can be made via PayPal.
- Paper check or money order — must be in U.S. dollars and made payable to ETS-TOEFL.
- Western Union® QuickPay® — for mail orders only. When you complete the form, use the following under "Pay To:" Company Name: Educational Testing Service; City Code: TOEFLPROGRAMNJ; Country: U.S.A. You must send the original receipt marked "Agency's Copy" with your form. Copies, facsimiles or receipts marked "Customer's Copy" will not be accepted.
Forms of Payment Not Accepted
- cash or demand drafts
- post-dated checks
- any currency other than U.S. dollars
- receipts for bank checks
- UNESCO® coupons
Instructions/details for Paying by Electronic Check (e-check)
Please provide the following information from the bottom of your paper check:
- bank account number
- ABA/bank routing and transit number
- Your bank account may be debited the same day we receive your request.
- You will not receive a canceled check.
- When paying with an e-check, you authorize ETS to make a one-time deduction from your checking or savings account.
Instructions/details for Paying by Paper Check or Money Order
The check must be signed by the account holder or an authorized signer. Typewritten payer name and address, in place of signature, is not acceptable.
The following information must be preprinted on the check:
- bank name
- bank address
- check or money order number
- payer's name and address
- Post-dated checks are not accepted.
- Check dates cannot be more than 90 days old when received by ETS.
If you are taking the test in Korea, see the specific refund policy for test takers in Korea.
To receive a refund, you need to cancel your registration by the deadline (4 days before your test date). For example, if your test is on Saturday, you must cancel by Tuesday.
Refunds are in U.S. dollars for half of the original test fee paid. The balance is retained to cover expenses for processing your registration and holding a seat for you at the test center.
- Cash refunds are not available.
- Refunds will not be given if registration procedures were not followed or you failed to present the required identification documents at the test center.
- If you paid by credit/debit card or e-check, the refund will be credited back to the original credit/debit card or bank account.
- If payment was made with a personal check drawn on a U.S. domestic bank, please allow 8 weeks for processing.
- Refunds are not available for other services.
Fee Reduction Service
The TOEFL Fee Reduction Service is designed for high school seniors in the United States with financial need who are applying to colleges and universities where TOEFL scores are recommended or required.
Ready to take the TOEFL iBT® test?
Prepare for your TOEFL test with official TOEFL iBT prep wherever you go. Download now
Get the only official practice test that gives you the experience of taking the real TOEFL iBT test. Order now
Practice with the only authentic TOEFL test prep guide created by ETS. Also available as an eBook. Purchase now