Register for the TOEFL iBT® Test
To make sure the TOEFL iBT® test is offered in your location, check your location.
Save US$35 on a future TOEFL iBT Test
When you register for a TOEFL iBT test, you can also order the TOEFL® Value Pack Premium, which includes test preparation materials, five additional score reports and a US$35 discount off a future TOEFL iBT registration for only US$139 — a savings of 33%!
- Register 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Be sure the name you use when you register exactly matches the identification you will bring on test day. See Identification Requirements. You are required to enter at least one form of identification before you can register for a test date.
- Pay with a credit/debit card: American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®. You can also use a PayPal® account, or an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories.
Payment methods are subject to change without notice.
Note: American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard and e-checks are NOT accepted for the following locations: Benin, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Togo. Only VISA cards are accepted for those locations.
- Registration closes seven days before your test date.
- Late registration closes three days before your test date (not including the day of the test) and has a late fee of US$35
- Need help registering online? Use our step-by-step guide.
Note: Test takers who have disabilities or health-related needs that require them to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room, take extra or extended breaks, or require another accommodation must register by mail and need to follow the accommodations request procedures described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs.
Register By Phone
- Review the Registration Form before you call. Spell your name exactly as it appears on the identification you will bring on test day. See Identification Requirements.
- Go to www.ets.org/toefl/contact and select your location to find the phone number for your Regional Registration Center (RRC).
- Pay with credit/debit card: American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard or VISA; via a PayPal account; or use an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories.
- Registration closes seven days before your test date (not including the day of the test).
- Late registration by phone closes at 5 p.m. local test center time on the business day before the test and has a late fee of US$35.
Register By Mail
- Download and fill out a Registration Form. Spell your name exactly as it appears on the identification you will bring on test day. See Identification Requirements.
- Choose one of the payment methods listed on the form.
- If you are testing outside the United States, U.S. territories and Canada, mail your form and payment to your RRC. To find the contact information for your RRC, go to www.ets.org/toefl/contact and select the country where you plan to test. If you are testing in the United States, a U.S. territory or Canada, use the mailing address listed on the Registration Form.
- Forms must be received at least four weeks before your test date.
- If you do not receive a confirmation, call the location where you mailed your paperwork — at least three business days before your registration deadline.
- If you register by mail you will need to enter certain codes manually that are input automatically online. See Code Lists for Registering by Mail.
Note: Walk-in registration at the test center is not allowed.
- TOEFL® Resources: An Overview for Students (Flash)
- What to Bring on Test Day
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities and Health-related Needs
- Cancel or Change Your Registration
Includes 5 actual past TOEFL iBT® tests, with all audio passages on disc. Also includes the TOEFL® Test Prep Planner. Purchase now >
Get the only official practice test that gives you the experience of taking the real TOEFL iBT® test. Order now >
Practice with the only authentic TOEFL® test prep guide created by ETS. Also available as an eBook. Purchase now >