Cancel or Change Your TOEFL iBT® Test Registration
If you need to reschedule or cancel your registration, you have up to three full days before your test date (not including the day of the test or the day of your request). For example, if your test is on Saturday, you must reschedule or cancel by Tuesday. Note: If you are taking the test in Korea, see the specific refund policy for test takers in Korea.
The fee to reschedule is US$60 and must be paid before you can register for a new date.
You can only reschedule or cancel by one of the methods below:
- Online: Log in to your TOEFL iBT® Profile, click "View Order(s)" on your home page, then click "Modify" or "Cancel" on the Order Summary page.
- By phone: Provide your registration number and full name used when you registered. In the United States, U.S. Territories or Canada: call 1-443-751-4862 or 1-800-468-6335. All other locations, contact your Regional Registration Center.
Note: You cannot reschedule or cancel by mail, email or at the test center.
If you are taking the test in Korea, see the specific refund policy for test takers in Korea.
If you cancel your registration within the three-day deadline, you will be refunded half of the original test fee you paid. No refunds are given for other services. Note: If you are taking the test in Korea, see specific information below.
Refunds are given in U.S. dollars and include taxes as applicable. Cash refunds are not available.
- If you paid by credit/debit card or e-check, the refund will be credited to the original credit/debit card or bank account you used to pay.
- If you paid by personal check drawn on a U.S. domestic bank, allow eight weeks for processing. If payment was made in non-U.S. funds drawn on a bank outside the U.S., allow 12 weeks.
Refunds will not be provided:
- if the proper registration procedures were not followed
- if the required identification was not presented at the test center