The following are some of the accommodations available for the TOEFL iBT® test. Test takers who require other accommodations can request them as part of the registration and accommodations approval process. ETS must review and respond to your accommodations request before your test can be scheduled.
- Screen magnification
- Selectable background and foreground colors
- Kensington Trackball mouse
- IntelliKeys® keyboard
- Ergonomic keyboard
- Keyboard with touchpad
- Sign language interpreter for spoken directions only
- Oral interpreter for spoken directions only
- Oral interpreter for Listening section only
- Writer/recorder of answers
- Test reader
- Audio version of the test
- Reader's script version of the test
- Braille test (in contracted or uncontracted Braille)
- Braille test with reader's script
- Large print version of the test
- Regular print version of the test
- Listening section omitted
- Speaking section omitted
- Extended testing time
- Additional rest breaks
- Transcripts of audio elements in Speaking and Writing sections
Note: If you would like to request accommodations other than those listed above, you must describe them in Part II of the Testing Accommodations Request Form which can be found in the Bulletin Supplement.
If you are not sure whether the accommodation you need is available, please contact ETS Disability Services.
- Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs
- TOEFL iBT Test Preparation Tools in Accessible Formats
- Resources for Test Takers with Disabilities and Health-related Needs
Ready to take the TOEFL iBT® test?
Prepare for your TOEFL test with official TOEFL iBT prep wherever you go. Download now
Get the only official practice test that gives you the experience of taking the real TOEFL iBT test. Order now
Practice with the only authentic TOEFL test prep guide created by ETS. Also available as an eBook. Purchase now