Cancel Your Scores
When you finish taking the test, you can cancel your scores. Consider carefully before canceling.
- You cannot cancel your scores for one section and have scores for other sections reported.
- If you cancel your scores, they will NOT be reported to you or any institutions.
- Your test fee will not be refunded.
- Canceled scores are not added to your permanent record.
- There is no fee for canceling your scores.
Reinstate Your Scores
Canceled scores can be reinstated if your request is received at ETS no later than 10 days after your test date. To request reinstatement:
- Contact TOEFL® Services
- Please include:
- date of birth
- daytime phone number
- registration number (found in your registration confirmation)
The fee for reinstatement is US$20. See TOEFL iBT® Fees.
Reinstated scores are reported online about three weeks after receipt of your request and payment. Your scores will then be provided to you and your designated institutions.
Rescore Your Test
You can have the Writing and/or Speaking sections of your test rescored — up to 30 days after you take the test.
- The test can be rescored only once.
- If you want both sections rescored, they must be done at the same time.
- If the rescore results in a change in your score (lower or higher), the revised scores will become your official scores.
- Your test cannot be rescored if you have already requested that your scores be sent to an institution or agency.
- Each section costs US$80. Both sections together cost US$160. See TOEFL iBT Fees for payment policies.
To request rescoring, complete the TOEFL iBT Rescoring Request Form.
Scores are reported online about three weeks after your request for a rescore is received.