The TOEFL iBT® test, delivered via the internet, measures a test taker's ability to combine listening, reading, speaking and writing skills, making it the most comprehensive English-language proficiency test. With unmatched scoring procedures and security measures, the TOEFL® test is the industry standard in English-language assessment.
- Backed by over 4 decades of world-renowned research
- Recognized by more than 10,000 individual institutions worldwide — see TOEFL® Destination Search.
- The most widely available academic English-proficiency test in the world — see test centers and dates.
- A highly reliable measure of English-language proficiency
- Validated by more than 40 years of world-class, scholarly research
- Built to the highest psychometric standards
"It's honestly the most authentic standardized assessment that I have seen to date. Scores will better predict a student's success in university. This is important since universities are interested in real-world skills. TOEFL iBT will essentially cause a pedagogical shift from rote learning to more 'real' learning."
— Davajinii Romyanond, English Teacher, Ruamrudee International School, Thailand
ETS has long been at the forefront of combatting test security concerns. Our strategy is a 3-pronged approach of prevention, detection and communication, which is designed to protect the integrity of test scores.