TOEFL® Score Reporting Services
Various score reporting services are available to institutions that accept TOEFL® scores. If you do not have a 4-digit institution code, sign up now.
Paper Score Reports (Free)
- Paper score reports are mailed to TOEFL Institutions (DIs) three times a week.
- If you discontinue using paper score reports, Scorelink® online or CD-ROM score reporting services are free.
- Only admissions personnel can request that paper score reporting be discontinued.
- TOEFL iBT® test scores are posted approximately 10 days after the test date. View posting dates.
- TOEFL® PBT scores are mailed five weeks after the test date. Allow 7–10 days after that for mail delivery within the United States, and more time for other areas.
View Scores Online (Free)
View Scores Online is a service that allows officially designated institutions to view scores online, in real time, any time.
You must be an institution that accepts TOEFL scores and have an institution (DI) code. Send requests for this service to email@example.com.
TOEFL® Online Speech Sample Service (Free)
The free TOEFL Online Speech Sample Service enables you to listen to a clip of a test taker's spoken response to an integrated speaking task. Score users who want to request this service should email TOEFLNews@ets.org.
Scorelink® (Enhanced Fee-based Service)
The Scorelink service delivers scores via the Internet and is the quickest, easiest method. Scores are available for downloading into your database, which eliminates the need for data entry.
- Scores are sent weekly for a $300 annual fee. The service is free when you discontinue receiving paper score reports.
- The Scorelink service loads data onto an anonymous server, which triggers an email from ETS telling you score data is available.
- The email provides an Internet address (URL) where you download the scores. You can save the score file for processing later.
- The download process can be automated so that score data is loaded into the database when the ETS email is received.
- ETS does not provide the automated functionality but participates in testing with the institution using the service.
You can use the Scorelink service online with your current service for two months. If you use both services beyond that time, you will be billed the annual fee for the Scorelink service. See Scorelink System Requirements.
CD-ROM (Enhanced Fee-based Service)
CD-ROM service provides electronic scores and a printed score roster.
- The annual fee is $400 but the service is free when you stop using paper score reports.
- CD-ROM service is a convenient way of entering scores into your files.
- CDs and rosters are shipped weekly.
CD-ROM and Scorelink Score Data Format
- View a sample data layout of current TOEFL score reports. You can also view the new layout that will become effective September 1, 2014.
- See the sample data file to test your system.
- Confidentiality of scores
Contact TOEFL Code Control at:
- TOEFL Code Control
Educational Testing Service
Mail Stop 27Q
Princeton, NJ 08541, USA
Among admissions officers recently surveyed, and who expressed a preference*, four out of five prefer the TOEFL test.
Learn more >
* Source: Survey of 263 admissions officers at U.S. universities, of which 212 accept both the TOEFL test and the IELTS™ test and 152 state a preference.