The TOEFL® Test Is the International Standard for Measuring Academic English Proficiency
- Innovative test design focusing on integration of 4 language skills: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing.
- One hundred percent academic tasks simulate university coursework and life, providing the most comprehensive information about an applicant's ability to communicate in an academic setting.
- Highest level of fairness in delivery, eliminating inconsistencies of face-to-face interviews.
Our Scoring Methods Set Us Apart
- To ensure the security and integrity of TOEFL® scores, scoring does not take place at testing sites, but rather through a centralized scoring network that implements and ensures consistent scoring standards.
- The TOEFL Speaking and Writing sections are scored by a combination of AI scoring and professionally trained raters who must pass daily calibration and are continuously monitored to ensure score accuracy. Each test taker's responses are anonymously evaluated by multiple raters to ensure fair and objective scores.
- The TOEFL test combines human judgment for content and meaning and the consistency of AI scoring for linguistic features, providing you with the most comprehensive and accurate picture of an applicant's ability to succeed in your institution.
Helping Your Institution Meet Your Admissions Goals
With ETS-approved test centers around the world, we provide you with a large and diverse applicant pool. We offer a consistent measure for comparing the qualifications of applicants from many different backgrounds and cultures.
Score Reporting Services to Meet Your Needs
We offer both electronic and paper reporting to fit your data management needs — or you can view scores online.
View Scores Online is a free service that allows official TOEFL Institutions to view scores online, in real time, any time.
- Search by name, date of birth or test date.
- View applicants' scores and photos for up to 2 years after the test date.
- Send requests for this service to CodeControl@ets.org.
ETS has long been at the forefront of combatting test security concerns. Our strategy is a 3-pronged approach of prevention, detection and communication, which is designed to protect the integrity of test scores.