Bring the global standard in English-language assessment to your classroom with the TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series — a convenient, affordable and reliable assessment of English-language skills. More than 2,500 institutions in 50+ countries administer the tests annually.
When you use the TOEFL ITP tests, you'll measure students' proficiency level in four different skills — reading comprehension, listening comprehension, structure and written expression, and speaking. You'll be able to pinpoint the areas in which your students need help so you can tailor your teaching to meet those needs. Knowing your students' English-skill levels better today gives them the best chance for success tomorrow.
Use the TOEFL ITP tests for:
- placement in intensive English-language programs requiring academic English proficiency at a college or graduate level
- progress monitoring in English-language programs stressing academic English proficiency
- exiting English-language programs by demonstrating proficiency in English listening and reading
- skill building and preparation for the TOEFL iBT® test
- admissions to short-term, nondegree programs and collaborative international degree programs
- admissions to degree programs through testing administered by an institution for use only in that institution
- admissions to degree programs through pathways specific to an institution
- scholarship programs, as contributing documentation for academic English proficiency
The TOEFL ITP tests should be used by institutions based on these recommended uses and not as a replacement for the TOEFL iBT test.