Designed for students at the beginning stages of learning English.
The Right Path. Right from the Start.
Designed for students ages 8+, the TOEFL Primary® tests allow you to measure your students' English communication skills to guide your teaching goals, monitor student progress and more.
The program offers convenient and flexible tests that:
- assess the academic and social English-language proficiency of young students
- provide a snapshot of each student's ability in listening, reading and speaking
- support teaching and learning by giving information about students' abilities in relation to a widely accepted international standard
How the TOEFL Primary Tests can help you
Detailed score reports provide meaningful score-level descriptors of what students can do and help assist students, teachers and parents set goals for where future learning should focus. As a teacher, you can use the TOEFL Primary tests to:
- guide teaching goals
- monitor progress
- identify students' strengths and weaknesses
- determine instructional plans
- inform placement decisions, if appropriate
- focus your work with both individual students and groups
- shape your communication with parents about student learning