Cancel Your Scores
When you finish taking the test, you can cancel your scores.
- All section scores will be canceled. You cannot cancel your scores for one section and have scores for other sections reported.
- Consider carefully before canceling. If you cancel, scores will not be reported to you or any institution.
- Your test fee will not be refunded.
- Canceled scores are not added to your permanent record.
- There is no charge for canceling your scores.
If you wish to cancel your scores but did not do so on test day, contact TOEFL Services within 1 week of your test date.
If you cancel your scores, you can have them reinstated up to 60 days after your test date. Use the Score Reinstatement Request Form. Instructions are on the form. The fee for reinstatement is US$20.
Score Review Request
You can request a score review of your Reading and Listening answer sheet and/or your Writing section for up to 3 months after you take the test. Scores can be reviewed only once.
Important Notes When Submitting Your Form:
- You can only submit 1 Score Review Request Form for a single test administration.
- To have your Reading and Listening scores and Writing scores reviewed, you must check both boxes on the form and pay the score review fees for both sections.
- If you request a review of your Writing scores only or your Reading and Listening scores only, you are not permitted to later request a score review of the other section from that same test date.
Results of the rescoring will be available approximately 3 weeks after TOEFL® Services receives your Score Review Request Form and payment. Instructions are on the form.
Score Review Fees:
- Reading and Listening sections answer sheet — US$50
- Writing section — US$80