TOEFL® Scholarship Program in India
The 2016 TOEFL® Scholarship Program in India is currently closed. Please check back for more details.
Fifteen scholarships valued at US$7,000 each.
India scholarship funds will be disbursed to the winners' universities in September 2016. Funds can be applied to academic expenses only and will be disbursed after the student has arrived on campus.
The competition is in two stages. To be eligible for this award, you must:
- reside in India
- start an undergraduate or graduate degree program between June 2016 and May 2017 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL Destination Search
- hold a grade point average of 80 or higher on a 100-point scale, or a 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4-point scale
- demonstrate English proficiency with a valid TOEFL score
- complete the initial application by June 21, 2016
Based on the initial applications, 100 semifinalists will be selected. Semifinalists must exhibit:
- an outstanding ability to communicate
- demonstrated leadership skills
- well-rounded extracurricular activities, especially including community service
- innovative ideas as reflected in essays
Note: Transfer students are not eligible for the TOEFL Scholarship Program in India.
The application process is currently closed. If you have questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Scholarships and Giving >