Payment and Refund Policies
Make sure all payments for tests and services:
- are paid in full at the time the service is requested
- have the correct numeric and written dollar amount, if paying by check or money order
- have any necessary signature(s)
Any outstanding balance from prior ETS tests or services must be paid in full before you register. Services or test scores may be withheld for non-payment.
If you do not submit the correct fee, your registration form or request for service will be returned.
Payment methods are subject to change without notice.
To receive a refund, you must cancel your registration by the deadline (4 days before your test date). For example, if your test is on Saturday, you must cancel by Tuesday.
- If you cancel your registration before the 4-day deadline, you'll receive a refund of 50% of the original test fee you paid. (The balance is retained to cover expenses for processing your registration and holding a seat for you at the test center.)
- If you arrive at the test center and find out that the test administration has been cancelled by ETS, and you do not wish to reschedule, you can receive a full refund of your test fee.
- If ETS cancels a test administration or cancels scores after your test, and you incurred travel costs to get to the test center, you may be eligible for a refund of reasonable and documented travel expenses for yourself only within 30 days of your original test date. Refunds are in U.S. dollars. For more information on reimbursement, see Rescheduled Tests.
- Refunds are in U.S. dollars and include taxes as applicable.
- Cash refunds aren't available.
- You won't receive a refund if registration procedures weren't followed or if you didn't present the required ID at the test center.
- If you paid by credit/debit card or e-check, the refund will be credited back to the original credit/debit card or bank account.
- If payment was made with a personal check, please allow 8 weeks for processing.
- If you paid with a voucher, but haven't registered yet, contact the organization where you purchased the voucher. If you have a test appointment already, regular refund policies apply.
- Refunds are available for registration only. They aren't available for other services.