Payment and Refund Policies
Make sure all payments for tests and services:
- are paid in full at the time the service is requested
- have the correct numeric and written dollar amount, if paying by check or money order
- have any necessary signature(s)
Any outstanding balance from prior ETS tests or services must be paid in full before you register. Services or test scores may be withheld for non-payment.
If you do not submit the correct fee, your registration form or request for service will be returned.
Payment methods are subject to change without notice.
To receive a refund, you must cancel your registration by the deadline (4 days before your test date). For example, if your test is on Saturday, you must cancel by Tuesday.
- If you cancel your registration before the 4-day deadline, you'll receive a refund of 50% of the original test fee you paid.
- If you arrive at your testing appointment and find out that the test administration has been canceled by ETS, and you do not wish to reschedule, you can receive a full refund of your test fee.
- If ETS cancels a test administration and you incurred travel costs to get to the test center, you may be eligible for a refund of reasonable and documented travel expenses for yourself only within 30 days of your original test date. For more information on reimbursement, see Rescheduled Tests.
- Refunds are issued in the currency used to pay for the test and include taxes as applicable.
- Cash refunds aren't available.
- You won't receive a refund if registration procedures weren't followed or if you didn't present the required ID at the test center.
- If you paid by credit/debit card or e-check, the refund will be credited back to the original credit/debit card or bank account.
- If payment was made with a personal check, please allow 8 weeks for processing.
- If you paid with a voucher, but haven't registered yet, contact the organization where you purchased the voucher. If you have a test appointment already, regular refund policies apply.
- Refunds are available for registration only. They aren't available for other services.