Registering for the TOEFL iBT® Test
Ready to register?
Already familiar with the ID requirements and other policies, and ready to schedule your test?
The TOEFL iBT® test is administered more than 60 times a year at authorized test centers around the world, giving you plenty of options. Timing is important though, as seats can fill up quickly!
- Pick a test date that's at least 2 to 3 months before your earliest deadline.
- Register approximately 4 months before your desired test date.
Note: Walk-in registration at test centers is not permitted.
Important information for registration in Mainland China (not Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan):
Create an account and register at https://toefl.neea.cn. Some policies and procedures for Mainland China may differ from those on this website.
Before You Register
- Familiarize yourself with the fees, accepted forms of payment and payment policies.
- Be sure the name you use when you register exactly matches the identification you'll bring on test day. See ID Requirements and The Name You Use for more information.
- ETS is committed to serving test takers with disabilities or health-related needs. Download the necessary bulletins and forms and learn more about available accommodations and registration procedures at Disability Accommodations.
How to Register
The easiest way to register is with your ETS account, either online or via the TOEFL® official app, but you can also register by phone or by mail. Select the method you wish to use below to learn more and get started.
After You Register
Once your online registration is complete, you'll receive a confirmation email with the test date, start time and test center address. This information is also available via your ETS account. Plan to log in to your account the day before your test to make sure that none of the registration details have changed (for example, a different time or building than originally scheduled).