Register for the TOEFL iBT® Test with Your ETS Account
Easy and Convenient
Registration using your ETS account is the fastest, easiest way to register. With the online registration system, you'll take advantage of:
- easy access to official test prep and exclusive savings when you bundle essential resources
- a test center search powered by Google Maps™
- the ability to register 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Watch these videos to learn how to create an account and register for a TOEFL iBT® test.
Registration at a Glance
- Create Your Account — input all the information exactly as it appears on your ID, create your username and password, and submit.
- Select a Testing Method — choose from the TOEFL iBT test, the TOEFL iBT® Home Edition or the TOEFL iBT® Paper Edition.
- Select a Location, Date and Time — select a test date to see available test locations, then choose the time that works for you.
- Complete Your Registration — finish the remaining steps, choose your score recipients, purchase test prep and pay for your test.
When you're ready to register, remember the following:
- You must enter at least 1 form of identification before you can register for a test date. The name you use when you register must exactly match the ID you'll use on test day.
- You can pay for your test using a credit/debit card (American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, China Union Pay®, Diners Club®, Mastercard®, RuPay® or VISA®) or one of the other approved forms of payment.
- You can register online up to just 2 days before a test date. A late fee (US$40) applies from 7 days before the test.
- If you're requesting accommodations due to a disability or health-related need, you can't register through your ETS account.