- Run a final ProctorU® Equipment Check and fix any issues before you attempt to check in for your test. Make sure to resolve all issues before your appointment time.
- Close all browsers and applications not needed for the test. This can help prevent bandwidth issues while you test.
- Make sure any other devices in your home that use internet are not running.
- Gather the materials you'll need for your test session. (All other materials are prohibited.)
- Passport or other acceptable ID. See the Bulletin for ID requirements.
- Acceptable note-taking materials, such as a whiteboard or plastic transparency sheet, that can be erased in view of the proctor
- Cell phone or handheld mirror for check in
- Make sure your testing area meets all environment requirements.
- Make sure you are dressed appropriately, with your ears and face visible to the proctor. Avoid wearing any jewelry or other accessories. You can’t wear a face mask during check in or any part of your at home testing experience.
TOEFL® Destinations Search
Search by name or location to find institutions that accept TOEFL® scores.
Please provide a valid search criteria
There are currently no results available for your search. Please check the spelling of the institution name or location that you are searching for and try again.
Search by name or location to find institutions and programs that accept TOEFL® scores
Note: ETS provides these search results as a guide. Please contact institutions directly to verify accuracy of your search results.
If you’re taking the TOEFL iBT Home Edition, or the Paper Edition Speaking section, learn how to get ready for test day, including the materials you'll need and how to prepare your testing space.
Test Takers in Mainland China: To register for the TOEFL iBT Home Edition or for information, policies and procedures specific to Mainland China, visit https://toefl.cn/at-home.
At home testing videos
Watch the videos below to learn more about at home testing.
Before your test session begins
1 Does not apply to the TOEFL iBT Paper Edition.