Checking In for Your At Home Test
The check-in process for the TOEFL iBT® Home Edition or the Speaking section of the Paper Edition takes approximately 20 minutes.
- At your appointment time, click the "start your test" link in your appointment confirmation email. You'll have up to 12 minutes after your scheduled time to begin your check in. If you haven't checked in by that time, your test will be canceled and your fee won't be refunded.
- Select "Start Session."
- Complete the authentication steps, which include showing your ID to the proctor. The name on your ID must match the name on your ETS account.
- The proctor will review the exam rules and request access to your computer screen for monitoring purposes.
- The proctor will ask you to use either a hand-held mirror or cell phone to show your computer screen.
- The proctor will ask you to move the camera on your computer to show a 360-degree view of the room, including your tabletop surface, and any other places in the room the proctor may wish to inspect.
- The proctor will launch the ETS Test Browser and enter the ETS ID and password to access the test.