What to Expect When You Test at a Test Center
The following information will familiarize you with what to expect when you take your test at a test center, and it applies to both the TOEFL iBT® test and the TOEFL iBT® Paper Edition (Reading, Listening and Writing sections).
A Preview of Test Day
Watch our TOEFL iBT® Test Day video to learn more about:
- checking in
- presenting your identification
- test security procedures
- using your headset and microphone*
- taking the test
- viewing your Reading and Listening scores*
- the option to cancel your scores
What to Expect on Test Day
Double-check Your Appointment Details
24 hours before your appointment, sign in to your ETS account to confirm there are no changes to your registration details (e.g., a different time or building than originally scheduled).
Enhanced Safety Procedures
To help protect the health and safety of test takers and staff, enhanced procedures have been implemented at test centers, including:
- social distancing measures
- masks may be required during the entire test
- allowance of gloves to be worn
- enhanced cleaning of testing stations
Additionally, all of our test centers have regular schedules for frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces and provide disposable wipes so that you can wipe down your testing area.
Be sure to check with your local test center for a complete list of health and safety procedures.
* Doesn't apply to TOEFL iBT Paper Edition.