What to Bring to the Test Center
The list of things you must bring to the test center on the day of your TOEFL iBT® test is short:
- valid, acceptable identification (ID)
- a mask
- a printout of your order confirmation email (for the Paper Edition test only) — you will need to record information from the email on your answer sheet.
- #2 or HB pencils and erasers (for the Paper Edition test only) — mechanical pencils are not permitted.
Bring Valid ID
We recommend that you bring at least 2 forms of ID, if you can, in case the test administrator questions the first ID you present.
If you don't bring valid and acceptable identification, or if the name on your ID doesn't exactly match the name in your account, you won't be able to take the test, and your test fee won't be refunded.
Bring a Mask
You must bring your own mask. If you don't have one, you won't be admitted to the test center.
- Depending on the test center and/or local policy, you may be required to wear it some or all of the time you're in the test center. You can wear a mask even if it's not required. Medical masks and cloth face coverings are acceptable. Masks with valves or vents aren't permitted.
- You must remove the mask temporarily to have your photo taken and to enable the test center to verify your ID during check-in and upon returning from breaks.
You may also bring rubber gloves to wear during the test, but they aren't required.
Don't Bring Personal Belongings
If it's not an approved item, don't try to bring it into the testing room! This includes phones, watches or any other electronic, recording, listening, scanning or photographic devices.
For a full list of prohibited items and items that may be inspected, see the Information Bulletin.