Ways You Can Use the TOEFL ITP Assessment Series in Your Classroom
The TOEFL ITP® tests measure core English-language skills using 100 percent academic content similar to what is used in actual classroom tasks. Proposed uses of the TOEFL ITP tests are:
- Placement in intensive English-language programs requiring academic English proficiency at a college or graduate level.
- Progress monitoring in English-language programs stressing academic English proficiency.
- Exiting English-language programs by demonstrating proficiency in English listening and reading.
- Skill building and preparation for the TOEFL iBT® test.
- Admissions to short-term, non-degree programs and collaborative international degree programs.
- Scholarship programs, as contributing documentation for academic English proficiency.
Start using the TOEFL ITP assessments in your classroom.
The TOEFL ITP tests should not be used in place of the TOEFL iBT test for high-stakes decisions.
Users of the TOEFL ITP tests are strongly encouraged to carefully explore how relevant the above uses of the tests are to their instructional context.
Get the information you need about the TOEFL iBT®, TOEFL ITP®, TOEFL Junior® or TOEFL Primary® tests.