The TOEFL ITP® tests measure core English-language skills using 100% academic content similar to what is used in actual classroom tasks. Proposed uses of the TOEFL ITP tests are*:
- placement in intensive English-language programs requiring academic English proficiency at a college or graduate level
- progress monitoring in English-language programs stressing academic English proficiency
- exiting English-language programs by demonstrating proficiency in English listening and reading
- skill building and preparation for the TOEFL iBT® test
- admissions to short-term, non-degree programs and collaborative international degree programs
- admissions to degree programs through testing administered by an institution for use only in that institution
- admissions to degree programs through pathways specific to an institution (e.g. Conditional Admission, IEP, ESL, English Language Institutes)
- scholarship programs, as contributing documentation for academic English proficiency
Start using the TOEFL ITP assessments in your classroom.
* The TOEFL ITP tests should be used by institutions based on the recommended uses and not as a replacement for the TOEFL iBT test.