Interactive online learning activities designed to help students ages 11+ reach their full potential in English-language proficiency
A New Learning Resource for Teachers and Students
Designed to enhance the English-language skills of students ages 11+, the TOEFL Junior® English Learning Center offers interactive and engaging activities through a subscription-based online program. The activities:
- focus on building reading, writing, listening and speaking skills as they are used in the real world
- incorporate needed subskills, such as skimming, scanning and making inferences
- accelerate language acquisition with visual and audio prompts and cues
- support communicative language teaching and learning with activities relevant to real-world English-language usage
The TOEFL Junior English Learning Center's activities include:
- An "Exploring Language" feature to raise students' linguistic awareness. Students engage in shorter text-completion activities, such as notes, emails, announcements, brief biographies and book extracts.
- An intensive, in-depth writing and speaking practice, such as summarizing a lecture or explaining a homework assignment.
- Eight theme-based units with approximately 20 total hours of learning material and learning objectives common to a wide range of learning curricula.
How It Works
Teachers assign activities to students to enhance their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, with each student moving at his or her own pace through the online exercises. Teachers monitor student progress and relay feedback through the Teacher Management System. The program concludes with a practice test, allowing students to become familiar with the TOEFL Junior tests and helping to identify areas of strength and areas needing improvement.
With the English Learning Center, students can:
- practice English with a range of materials that include both everyday and academic English
- enjoy interactive lessons with real-world examples
- practice grammar and vocabulary in meaningful contexts
- take responsibility for the learning process through guided independent study
- receive feedback on their strengths and areas needing improvement
Teacher Management System
The Teacher Management System provides teachers with the tools they need to accelerate student progress. The Teacher Management System features an easy to use communication center for students to receive teacher feedback. Using the system, teachers can:
- Generate reports
- View summary data on class completion
- Examine specific data on individual student completion
- Shape student content
- Determine and assign appropriate exercises based on student proficiency
- Provide access to TOEFL Junior practice tests
- Evaluate students' speaking and writing responses
- Read/listen to student responses
- Access ETS scoring rubrics
- View examples of student responses at different levels
- Provide personalized feedback on speaking and writing practice using available rubrics
- Provide written comments
For More Information
To learn more about the TOEFL Junior English Learning Center, send an email to email@example.com.
Get the information you need about the TOEFL iBT, TOEFL ITP, TOEFL Junior or TOEFL Primary tests.