- What are the tests?
The TOEFL Junior tests are English-language proficiency assessments intended for students ages 11+. They provide an objective and reliable measure of your students' English-language proficiency levels to help you make the best decisions.
Learn more about the TOEFL Junior tests.
- How are test scores used?
The TOEFL Junior tests have multiple uses in English-language classrooms. Learn more about how to use TOEFL Junior test scores.
- Who uses the tests?
- English programs around the world trust the TOEFL Junior tests to help them make the best decisions about their students. Score users include:
- English-language programs, for placement and to monitor progress
- international schools where the language of instruction is English
- schools in non-English-speaking countries that focus on teaching content through English
- What skills do the tests measure?
- The TOEFL Junior Standard test measures Reading Comprehension, Listening Comprehension, and Language Form and Meaning.
- The TOEFL Junior Speaking test measures oral communication skills in a classroom setting.
Learn more about test content.
- How are the tests delivered?
- TOEFL Junior Standard test — a paper- or digitally-delivered test
- TOEFL Junior Speaking test — a digitally-delivered test
- How are the tests administered?
Depending on your location, the TOEFL Junior program offers institutional testing, in which a school or other institution administers the test to its own students, and public testing in which dates are open to the public. Contact your local ETS Preferred Associate or the ETS TOEFL Junior Program to learn more.
Learn more about testing procedures.
- How are the tests scored?
The TOEFL Junior Standard test is scored locally by ETS Preferred Associates and features fast turnaround time. Learn more about scores for the TOEFL Junior Standard test.
For the TOEFL Junior Speaking test, responses are scored by ETS-trained human raters. Learn more about scores for the TOEFL Junior Speaking test.
- How long are scores valid?
TOEFL Junior test scores are available for reporting for 2 years after the test date. Learn more about score validity.
- How do I order the tests?
Thank you for your interest in the TOEFL Junior tests.