Sample Response 1
This response was scored 2.
- Key information is incomplete and inaccurate. For example, the test taker mentions a museum, not a library. Also, the information about the homework assignment is incomplete.
- Linguistic errors interfere with listener understanding. For example, "We should get back worksheet at end of visit museum."
Sample Response 2
This response was scored 4.
- The response is full and appropriate to the task.
- The key information about the assignment is given coherently, accurately and with some elaboration of detail.
- Speech is mostly clear and fluid with only minor hesitations.
- Grammar and word choice are varied and effectively convey meaning.
- There are occasional errors, but these do not prevent understanding. ("We're going to answer all the research we found in the worksheets," "it's due until next week.")
| Previous Sample ResponseNext Sample Response