As the use and learning of English evolves and changes, ETS regularly revisits its assessments to ensure the tests meet the current needs of test takers and score users. We have recently updated the TOEIC® Speaking test to make sure it continues to measure the spoken English-language proficiency needed to communicate in the international workplace. The use of the updated TOEIC Speaking test will begin worldwide on June 4, 2022.
What changes were made to the TOEIC Speaking test?
- For Question #10, task type "Respond to Questions Using Information Provided," the question will be asked two times.
- For Question #11, task type "Express an opinion," the preparation time will be extended from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.
What changes will be made to the TOEIC Speaking and Writing official score certificates, institutional score reports and rosters?
- TOEIC Speaking and Writing official score certificates, institutional score reports and rosters will no longer include the "Proficiency Level."
- The proficiency descriptor will continue to be provided based on the score range. Minor text updates have been made to remove the proficiency level references.
- There are no changes to the existing scaled score ranges.
- The updated score certificates, reports and rosters will be provided for tests administered on June 4 and beyond.
For more information contact your local ETS Preferred Network (EPN) office.
Posted: April 25, 2022