Prepare your test takers for success. ETS offers online courses, test preparation books and sample questions to help them become familiar with the TOEIC® Listening and Reading test.
The TOEIC® Official Learning and Preparation Course Online
Using real-life workplace scenarios and over 1,000 authentic TOEIC® test questions, the TOEIC® Official Learning and Preparation Course will help test takers build the English skills they need for everyday workplace situations and prepare you for success on the TOEIC Listening and Reading test.
Self-paced and accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the TOEIC Official Learning and Preparation Course is the only course created by the maker of the TOEIC tests. No other online course is better designed to help test takers build the English skills they need for everyday workplace situations, as well as succeed on the TOEIC test. The course is currently only available in select markets.
Here's what they'll find in the course:
- three progressive learning modules from beginner through advanced levels
- eight topic-based, skill-building units per module
- interactive exercises that reflect meaningful, real-life workplace situations and tasks
- voice narration in the same voices they’ll hear on the actual TOEIC test
- automated score report complete with an estimate of their TOEIC score ranges, as well as diagnostic feedback similar to the official score report
- an assessment of their strengths and areas where they can improve, along with suggestions about what lessons you might want to repeat
To order the course, contact your local ETS Preferred Network (EPN) member.
Test Preparation Books
Tactics for the TOEIC® Listening and Reading Test
Tactics for the TOEIC® Listening and Reading Test, a book and CD-ROM created by ETS and Oxford University Press, helps test takers develop the language and test-taking skills they need to succeed on the TOEIC Listening and Reading test. Key features of this book include:
- test-taking tips and skill-building activities
- two complete practice tests
- listening activities
- mini-tests to review and reinforce test-taking strategies and vocabulary
Other Test Preparation Books
For test preparation books available in your region, contact your local EPN member.
Free Sample Questions
Important note: The worldwide rollout of the TOEIC Listening and Reading test updates will take place over several months, beginning in April 2018, and availability will vary by country. Please contact your local ETS Preferred Network office to determine which version of the test is available to you, so you know which preparation materials to use.
Updated Version of the Test
Current Version of the Test
Test Preparation Tips
There are several things test takers can do every day to prepare for the TOEIC Listening and Reading test. The more they practice, the easier it gets.
- Listening closely to the words in music, online broadcasts, radio, television and movies in English is a great way to improve their listening skills in English. The more they listen, the more they will understand vocabulary, idioms and expressions. Music helps them acquire the rhythm and stress patterns of spoken English.
- Reading is the best way to improve their vocabulary. English-language reading materials — newspapers, magazines, books and websites — are always available. They should read materials that genuinely interest them and are not too challenging.
- Use the language every day. Each day, test takers should set some time aside to communicate only in English. They should listen, read, speak and write in English every chance they get. The more they use the language, the better they’ll become.
- Keep a journal. Test takers should write down what happens in their everyday life. This is a great way to think in English. Reading to themselves and reading out loud helps them listen to how the words sound.