The TOEIC® Tests — the Global Standard for Assessing English Proficiency for Business
The TOEIC® tests:
- Help businesses build a more effective workforce
- Give job seekers and employees a competitive edge
- Enable universities to better prepare students for the international workplace
Organizations and job seekers around the world trust TOEIC scores to help them get ahead of the competition.
"We choose the TOEIC test since it is the world’s common English test, and we can identify the score as a world standard. The first advantage the TOEIC test offers our company is evaluating and classifying the English level of our staff, therefore arranging positions accordingly. Secondly, a TOEIC score is one of our standards when recruiting new staff and it measures how much time our staff is spending on developing themselves."
Koji Kikuchi, Chief Representative, NEC Logistics, Vietnam
For more than 30 years, the TOEIC test has set the standard for assessing English-language skills used in the workplace. Today TOEIC test scores are used by over 10,000 companies, government agencies and English Language Learning programs in 120 countries, and more than 6 million TOEIC tests were administered last year.
Workplace Assessments that Meet Business Needs
TOEIC test questions simulate real-life situations that are relevant to the global workplace. Score reports provide accurate, meaningful feedback about a test-taker's strengths and weaknesses, along with a description of the English-language strengths typical of test-takers performing at various score levels. This allows employers to:
- Relate test scores to the tasks employees may perform on the job
- Use the descriptions to inform critical hiring and placement decisions
- Select the employee with the English-language abilities the job requires
Additionally, ETS's ongoing research helps ensure that the TOEIC tests are accurate and relevant to today's changing global workplace, which helps internationally competitive companies hire, place and promote the right candidates year after year.
Standardized Testing Means Reliable Results
TOEIC test scores provide accurate, reliable measurement of English proficiency — they can be compared regardless of where or when the test is administered. For example, last year's scores of a test taker in Japan can be compared with this year's scores of a test taker in Korea. Because test takers of any background can be compared fairly, companies can use the TOEIC tests to make the most informed decisions and build a more diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity for all Test Takers
ETS ensures standardized test conditions give test takers equal opportunity to demonstrate proficiency.
- Test administrations adhere to strict guidelines to ensure a consistent and fair test-taking experience.
- A scoring process held to the highest quality-control standards results in the most reliable and valid scores available.
- Success Stories
- TOEIC Tests for the Workplace
- TOEIC Tests for Academic Institutions
- TOEIC Tests for Test Takers