How the TOEIC® Listening and Reading Test Benefits You
The TOEIC® Listening and Reading test is a fair and valid assessment of English-language listening and reading skills for the workplace. Employers worldwide use the TOEIC test to determine who can communicate effectively in English across borders and cultures with coworkers and clients.
Through a secure testing and scoring process, ETS ensures that:
- test takers have the same testing experience no matter the place and time
- no test taker is unfairly advantaged or disadvantaged
- test scores remain fair and comparable across administrations
- test questions based on real-life work situations provide an accurate evaluation of your ability to communicate in English
Prove Your English-language Proficiency in the Competitive Global Job Market
- Listening skills are essential for effective face-to-face communication, meetings, videoconferencing, teleconferencing, podcasts and telephone conversations.
- Reading skills are necessary for email, written reports, newsletters and other forms of business correspondence.
Advance Your Career
English is the language of global opportunity. For more than 40 years, the TOEIC Listening and Reading test has helped millions of people qualify for employment opportunities around the world. Your TOEIC scores can help to:
- make you a stronger candidate for job opportunities with global organizations
- demonstrate your ability to communicate across borders and cultures with coworkers and clients
- positively affect hiring decisions and other employment opportunities
- help you obtain new opportunities within a company
When you take the TOEIC Listening and Reading test together with the TOEIC® Speaking and Writing tests, your scores demonstrate your English-language proficiency in all four language skills.
Test RegistrationLearn more about TOEIC Listening and Reading test dates and times
Test PreparationLearn more about TOEIC Listening and Reading test preparation resources