At ETS, we have been working for more than 60 years to design tests that help to advance quality and equity in education worldwide. We are now the world's largest private educational testing and measurement organization, and we continue, through rigorous research, to create high-quality assessments that:
- accurately measure student performance
- do not disadvantage any group of test takers because of differences in personal characteristics such as race, ethnicity, gender or disability
Part of our work as leaders in test development and administration is to help parents, test takers and others understand the complex standardized testing process. We want to provide information about educational assessments that answers questions, such as:
- What is the purpose of standardized testing?
- How are ETS tests and test questions developed?
- How are standardized tests scored?
- How should test takers prepare for a test?
We hope you can gain a better understanding of the role that standardized testing plays in our work and why we remain committed to innovation and quality in assessment development.