Benefits of MSSS
- reduce the state burden of recruiting educators
- gain greater educator input into the passing score recommendation — up to 50 educators
- provide a more efficient process for moving states from old to new tests
- allow for multiple rounds of panel judgments, feedback and discussion
- add support for states seeking greater interstate portability
Each state maintains valuable control by setting its own passing score, while the MSSS provides practitioner judgments and documentation to inform that decision.
For the PASL assessment, ETS convened a panel of both EPP faculty and K–12 teachers to discuss the characteristics of high-quality student teaching and to recommend a passing score.
Contact us to learn more about the PASL assessment and how to begin using it as part of your state's education program and licensure requirements.