Your Score Report
Your Performance Assessment for Teacher Leaders (PATL) score report contains valuable information about your performance, including:
- a summary page indicating your score for each task and your cumulative score for the assessment
- a detail page for each task indicating scores for each step within a task and feedback for each step score
See a PATL Sample Test-taker Score Report.
Each state licensing organization determines its own passing requirements for the PATL assessment. The current passing score requirements are shown below.
|Certification State||State Certification Agency||Passing Score|
|Arkansas||Arkansas State Department of Education||42|
If you select the state above as your certification state when responding to Background Information Questions prior to registration, the State Certification Agency will automatically receive a copy of your PATL assessment scores.
If your state is not listed above, contact your educator preparation program for specific passing requirements.
Reviewing the Feedback for Step Scores
Each task of the assessment contains three steps, for a total of 18 steps.
Your score report includes general feedback for each step score within a task. This feedback:
- guides you to improve the quality of your evidence in your step responses
- addresses the possible qualitative and quantitative level of the evidence provided in your step responses
- is connected to the language of the task rubrics and the language of the guiding prompts
- is helpful to you if you are deciding whether to resubmit a task
Steps with a Score of Zero
When completing the assessment, you must:
- provide written commentary in response to all guiding prompts
- provide evidence that directly correlates to what is being asked in each textbox
- provide all required artifacts. Each artifact must supply the evidence that addresses the guiding prompts of the textbox to which the artifact is linked
A score of zero will be applied to a Step for any of the following:
- The written commentary for a Step is missing or it does not address the activity and guiding prompts of that Step (and is deemed off-topic).
- The required artifacts are missing. A Step that requires multiple artifacts must have at least one artifact attached to the Step to be scoreable.
- The artifact linked to the written commentary for the Step fails to provide evidence of what is required.
Read your submitted response and compare what was submitted to the requirements of the guiding prompts.
After you receive your score, there is a short resubmission window. If your assessment score falls below the designated passing score for the assessment, you are eligible to resubmit any or all three tasks. See Resubmitting Your Tasks.
What to Do If You Didn't Pass
If you are unable to pass the assessment during the original submission window or the resubmission window, you must retake the assessment in a future submission window. Please consult your educator preparation program for guidance on how to move forward.