How to use the TOEIC Bridge tests
Designed for beginner to intermediate learners, the TOEIC Bridge® tests measure all four English-communication skills: listening, reading, speaking and writing. You can use TOEIC Bridge scores to:
- show instructors or employers you have the English-communication skills needed for the next academic or workplace level
- establish goals for English-language learning and monitor your progress
- learn which areas you need to improve
Test content and format
The TOEIC Bridge tests focus on communication tasks in everyday life and common workplace scenarios that reflect modern language uses and communication methods.
TOEIC Bridge Listening test
You’ll respond to descriptions, questions, conversations and talks in English.
Test time: about 25 minutes
Test format: 50 multiple-choice questions grouped into 4 parts:
- Part 1: Four Pictures (6 questions)
- Part 2: Question-Response (20 questions)
- Part 3: Conversations (10 questions)
- Part 4: Talks (14 questions)
TOEIC Bridge Reading test
Complete sentences in written English and answer questions about short informational texts.
Test time: 35 minutes
Test format: 50 multiple-choice questions grouped into 3 parts:
- Part 1: Sentence Completion (15 questions)
- Part 2: Text Completion (15 questions)
- Part 3: Reading Comprehension (20 questions)
TOEIC Bridge Speaking test
Read texts aloud, ask for and provide information, describe events, and give your opinion.
Test time: about 15 minutes
Test format: 8 questions grouped into 6 task types:
- Read a Short Text Aloud (2 questions)
- Describe a Photograph (2 questions)
- Listen and Retell (1 question)
- Short Interaction (1 question)
- Tell a Story (1 question)
- Make and Support a Recommendation (1 question)
TOEIC Bridge Writing test
Complete and write sentences, ask for and provide information, describe events and give opinions.
Test time: about 37 minutes
Test format: 9 questions grouped into 5 task types:
- Build a Sentence (3 questions)
- Write a Sentence (3 questions)
- Respond to a Brief Message (1 question)
- Write a Narrative (1 question)
- Respond to an Extended Message (1 question)