Many business schools, including top-ranked business schools, have welcomed GRE® scores for over a decade to help broaden their applicant pool with prospective students from backgrounds who bring a different set of experiences and skills to business school and business community's emerging needs.
ETS continues to work with Business School Deans and faculty members who offer their input and insights to help guide ETS in continuing to meet the business school community needs.
Benefits of Welcoming GRE Scores
GRE scores are used at more than 1,300 business schools to identify applicants with the proven skills to succeed in their programs. Accepting the GRE® General Test scores can help your institution:
- expand your applicant pool by providing access to hundreds of thousands of individuals worldwide each year
- recruit applicants with broader interests and backgrounds including Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields
- measure the critical skills important for your MBA and specialized master's programs
Attract, Expand and Diversify with the Benefit-Rich GRE® General Test
- Attract, Expand and Diversify with the Benefit-Rich GRE General Test
GRE Business School Infographic
- the GRE Business School Infographic
Soft Skills Matter: In Business School and Beyond
- Soft Skills Matter: In Business, School and Beyond
Why Business Schools Welcome GRE Scores
Raise Your Visibility to Attract GRE® Test Takers
When you accept GRE scores for your business programs, be sure to promote it in student facing communications and leverage GRE services to maximize your recruitment efforts. Here are a couple ways you can do that:
Promote Your GRE Score Acceptance Policy
More than half a million individuals worldwide take the GRE General Test each year. And according to a recent survey, more than 4 out of 5 GRE test takers intending a graduate degree in business did not take or plan to take another business school admissions test.1 Be sure that applicants know you welcome GRE scores equally with other admission tests.
Use the GRE® Search Service to Recruit Prospective Applicants
The GRE® Search Service is a powerful, one-of-a-kind database of more than 500,000 individuals worldwide who have demonstrated graduate-level readiness through their GRE test performance. As a GRE score user, you can select from more than 30 criteria to cost-effectively reach prospects who have opted in and want to hear from programs like yours.
Become an Official GRE Score User
It's easy to start receiving official GRE scores for your business school programs. Simply complete and submit this online application.
1 Results from a survey of 504 GRE test takers who took the GRE General Test between October 1 and December 31, 2020, and whose eventual graduate degree objective is an MBA or Specialized Master's in Business.
- Data Confirms GRE® Scores are Valid Predictors of Success in MBA Programs
- Submit Your Recruitment Events
- GRE Business School Advisory Council
- Understanding the Value of the GRE® General Test from an Admissions Perspective Webinar (Video)