ETS offers law schools another option for admissions tests and gives them the ability to innovate to help solve the challenges that they face. Such innovations help law schools increase the pipeline of qualified and diverse candidates with broader backgrounds and reduce barriers for talented students.
As a robust, generalizably valid predictor of success in law school, GRE® scores help law schools to be more accessible to prospective students considering multiple career paths, as well as students interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields and international students.
Read the full predictive validity research report.
Benefits of Welcoming GRE Scores
GRE scores are used at thousands of graduate schools to identify candidates with the proven skills to succeed in their programs. Accepting the GRE® General Test offers institutions:
- Diverse Backgrounds: The GRE General Test can open a critical pipeline of law students with broader interests and backgrounds including science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Large Applicant Pool: Expand your applicant pool by providing access to hundreds of thousands of individuals worldwide each year
- Access: The GRE General Test offers year-round testing in test centers located across the globe
- Distinctive Scores: The GRE General Test measures skills that are important to law schools, including verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing
Not an Official GRE Score User Yet? Become One Today!
It's easy to start receiving official GRE scores for your law school programs. Simply complete and submit this online application.
Use the GRE® Search Service to Recruit Prospective Applicants
The GRE® Search Service is a powerful, one-of-a-kind database of more than 500,000 individuals worldwide who have demonstrated graduate-level readiness through their GRE test performance. As a GRE score user, you can select from among 30+ criteria to cost-effectively tap into the GRE applicant pipeline to reach prospects who have opted in and want to hear from programs like yours. Request access today!
- GRE® Test Enables Law Schools Greater Access to a Wider Range of Applicants
- GRE® Frequently Asked Questions for Law School Admissions
- Submit Your Recruitment Events