Your ID requirements depend on where you plan to test and your country of citizenship, unless you’re testing at home. If testing at home, you’re required to present valid government-issued ID.
Please review the general ID requirements below, then select the country/location where you plan to test to see specific ID requirements.
General ID document requirements
With few exceptions, ID documents must meet all of the following requirements. Each ID document must:
- be an original document; photocopied documents are not acceptable and documents cannot be presented on a cell phone or any other electronic device
- be a physical ID; electronic ID issued to a mobile phone or any other electronic device is not acceptable
- be a government-issued national/state/province identity card that is recognized by the country in which you are a citizen or permanent resident
- bear your first and last name exactly (excluding accents) as it was when registering for the test
- include a recent, recognizable photograph
- include your signature (the name and signature on the ID document must match)
- be valid; expired documents (bearing expiration dates that have passed) are not acceptable