Note: If you would like to request accommodations other than those listed below, you must describe them in Part II of the Testing Accommodations Request Form which can be found in the Bulletin Supplement.
If you plan to take the computer-delivered GRE® General Test, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the tools and features you will encounter on test day by using the free POWERPREP® Online practice tests. The practice tests simulate the actual test and provide the following accessibility features:
- extended time
- extra breaks
- screen magnification
- selectable colors
- screen reader and refreshable braille compatibility
Learn more about POWERPREP Online.
Extended Testing Time
All tests are timed.
- 50 percent (time and one-half)
- 100 percent (double time; documentation required)
Note: Breaks are not included in testing time (can be used for medication, snacks, trips to the restroom, etc.).
Accommodations for the Computer-delivered GRE General Test Only
- Ergonomic keyboard
- IntelliKeys keyboard
- JAWS with or without a refreshable braille device
- Keyboard with touchpad
- Screen magnification
- Selectable background and foreground colors
Assistance for Spoken Directions Only
- Oral interpreter1
- Sign language interpreter1
- Printed copy of spoken directions (for paper-delivered tests only)
Assistance for Note Taking
- Braille slate and stylus2
- Perkins brailler2
Alternate Test Formats
- Large-print test book
- Recorded audio
- Recorded audio with tactile figure supplement2
- Recorded audio with large-print figure supplement2
- Computer-voiced with tactile figure supplement2 (GRE® General Test in the U.S. only)
- Computer-voiced with large-print figure supplement2 (GRE General Test in the U.S. only)
1 Only applicants who are deaf or hard-of-hearing
2 Only applicants who are blind or have low vision
- 2019–20 Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs
- Resources for Test Takers with Disabilities and Health-related Needs
- GRE General Test Preparation Materials in Accessible Formats
The official practice tests from the maker of the test gives you the experience of taking the real, computer-delivered GRE General Test and more!
Approach test day with more confidence, knowing you can send the scores that show your personal best — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
Check out our FREE Official test prep and shop our Official Practice Question Guides and more.