What Scores Are Reported on the GRE® General Test?
|Verbal Reasoning||130–170, in 1-point increments|
|Quantitative Reasoning||130–170, in 1-point increments|
|Analytical Writing||0–6, in half-point increments|
If no questions are answered for a specific measure (e.g., Verbal Reasoning), then you will receive a No Score (NS) for that measure.
When Will I Get My Scores?
Your official GRE® General Test scores will be available in your ETS account 10–15 days after your test date. You will receive an email notification from ETS when they are available.
ETS will also send an official Institution Score Report to the score recipients you designated on test day at that time.
What Is In My Official Score Report?
Accessible in your ETS account, your official GRE® Test-taker Score Report is intended only for your information and personal records. It contains your:
- contact information (name, phone number and email)
- date of birth
- intended graduate major
- test date(s)
- GRE test score(s) and the associated percentile ranks
- authorized score recipients or fellowship sponsors and the scores reported to those institutions
- cumulative record of scores reported within the last five years
If you wish to have a paper copy, you can print one from your ETS account. It won't be sent to you by mail.
What Information Is Sent to Institutions?
Official score reports sent to the institutions you designate include:
- your contact information (name, address, phone number, email)
- your intended graduate major
- the GRE test score(s) you choose to report with the ScoreSelect® option and the associated percentile ranks
They do not include:
- any information concerning the other score recipients you have chosen
- any scores you have chosen not to report or any indication that you have taken other GRE tests
Photos and essay responses from each GRE General Test administration you select from your five-year reportable history will be made available in the ETS® Data Manager as part of your score record to the institutions you designated to receive your scores.
How Long are My Scores Valid and Reportable?
GRE scores are reportable for five years following your test date. For example, scores for a test taken on July 3, 2019, are reportable through July 2, 2024. Scores earned prior to July 2016 are no longer reportable.