The following resources will help you gain a better understanding of what your scores mean and how we advise institutions to use them.
- Interpreting Your GRE® Scores — Includes information to assist you in interpreting your GRE scores. This publication is available in your ETS Account where you view your scores.
- Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning Interpretive Data Used on Score Reports — Includes Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning scores on the 130–170 scale in 1-point increments and the corresponding percentile ranks.
- Analytical Writing Interpretative Data Used on Score Reports — Includes Analytical Writing scores on the 0–6 scale in half-point increments and the corresponding percentile ranks.
- GRE® Guide to the Use of Scores — Provides information about the appropriate use of GRE scores and interpretive data.
- General Test Percentage Distribution of Scores Within Intended Broad Graduate Major Field — Contains Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing data for seniors and nonenrolled college graduates (reported that they earned their college degrees up to two years prior to their test date) who stated that they intended to do graduate work in one of approximately 300 major fields. The score data are summarized by broad graduate major field categories so that applicants can be compared to others likely to be most similar to them in educational goals.
- General Test Percentage Distribution of Scores Within Intended Graduate Major Field — Extended Table (Based on Seniors and Non-enrolled College Graduates)
Each GRE test score is reported with a corresponding percentile rank. A percentile rank for a score indicates the percentage of examinees who took that test and received a lower score. Regardless of when the reported scores were earned, the percentile ranks for General Test and Subject Test scores are based on the scores of all examinees who tested within a recent time period.
Register for the GRE General Test
Get never-before-offered official GRE practice tests, scores within minutes for all three measures and explanations for correct answers!
Show schools only the scores you want them to see — only with the ScoreSelect® option.
Check out our FREE Official test prep and shop our Official Practice Question Guides and more.