GRE® General Test at Home
The GRE® General Test taken at home is a safe and convenient option for students who prefer to take their test at home rather than a test center. The test is:
- offered everywhere that the GRE General Test is normally available, based on the country of your account address, except Mainland China and Iran
- identical in content, format and on-screen experience to a test taken at a test center
- taken on your own computer at home and monitored by a human proctor online through ProctorU®
- available around the clock, seven days a week, with appointments available as early as 24 hours after you register
Here’s How it Works
Watch our GRE General Test at home video for a preview of the entire testing from home process, including:
- equipment and environment requirements
- registration process
- what to expect on test day
- after the test
Follow the steps below in order. You may find it helpful to visit this website throughout the process to make sure you are completing steps at the appropriate times.
Equipment and Environment Requirements
Confirm these requirements for your computer and testing room before registering.
Register for the Test
Log in, select the Test At Home option and schedule your test.
What to Expect on Test Day
Learn what is expected of you and what you should expect when taking the test.
After the Test
Receive your scores and learn about retesting if needed.